Friday, August 24, 2012

The Silent Girl


"I won't talk until I see a change... I'm not going to talk just to please you" 

He hurt her. She didn't like his drinking and she confronted him. 
A week went by and he hadn't had a drink since she confronted him and she was still hurting. 

No one seemed to understand that she was deeply hurt, they just kept telling her to talk to him and "get back to normal." At first she considered it but then she thought 'Why the fuck should I? He hurt me and I haven't gotten an apology or even a hint of one. Fuck it, I'll go five years without speaking to him if I need to.' 

"He's your father and it's killing him when you don't speak to him..." What they didn't understand is that every time he got a drink... He killed her. She had been killed 10 times over until she decided that enough was enough and she took matters into her own hands. She simply decided to be happy. No one stood up or fought for her... Why should she please them? 


She fights wars by herself now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment