Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fears


"How can I love when I'm afraid to fall? But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow..." 


It's been a year since I've even thought about relationships. I've spent a lot of time on my  own trying to get in touch with myself rather than another human being. I had already spent two years of my life devoted to someone, didn't need that again.

But I'm in a different stage of my life now. I know who I am, at the present time, and I think I'm ready for a relationship.
I just have to get over this fear of being abandoned again, of being hurt.

How do you do that though? How do you ignore the abandonment issues that you've had all your life in order to get ready for a possible relationship? I know I've done it before... Just how?

The fear of being heart broken is a given... Thats what everyone fears in the "talking" stages of a relationship. That I can deal with. The trust issues that I have, those I can work through... But the abandonment issues... Those I'm gonna have to work through... A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment